Hi, friends! I’m super pumped right now! I don’t know what I’m more excited about, the fact that tomorrow is 4.26 and Taylor Swift is releasing new music, or that today is the first day of Jazz Fest?!
It’s springtime in New Orleans which means it’s festival season! It seems like during this time of year there is a different festival every weekend, and I’m not mad about it! Today kicks off the first day of the biggest festival in New Orleans… JAZZ FEST! New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival takes place over two weekends, and is my favorite festival! I love everything about it: the music, the food, the culture. It just makes my heart so happy!
During festival time in New Orleans, the spring weather can range from one end of the spectrum to the other, being delightfully warm and beautiful like the weather has recently been or uncomfortably hot and humid. Dressing cool at festivals is a must no matter what in New Orleans! Lightweight cotton is always my go-to. I typically will wear comfortable jean shorts with a nice, yet casual, top. If I’m feeling a little fancier, then I will go with a casual dress or romper. Wearing comfortable shoes is always a necessity since I know I’ll be doing a lot of walking. And let’s not forget about sunglasses and a wide brim hat to protect your eyes and face.
If you’re heading out to Jazz Fest over the next two weekends, here are a few tips:
- Make sure to wear sunscreen!
- Bring something to sit on, whether it’s a chair or blanket. Even if you think you don’t want to post up at one particular stage and want to hop around, I would bring a blanket with you to sit on.
- Make sure to bring a backpack to carry all of your items. Typically I have my backpack that carries our supplies, such as sunscreen, a blanket to sit on, etc. Then Ryan will have his backpack cooler, which brings me to my next tip…
- Bring bottled water. You are allowed to bring in factory-sealed bottled water so stay hydrated and save money by bringing in your own.
- Ask a food booth for a box or tray. Then, go to as many food booths as you want and fill up your tray. This way you don’t have to keep getting in line a million times for one food item, and you can enjoy as much Crawfish Bread and Crawfish Monica as you want, without wasting a ton of time.
- Check the weather and prepare for anything! The weather can be gorgeous one day, with thunderstorms the next day. During the rain days, or even the days following the rain, I make sure to wear either rain boots, duck boots, or Chaco’s to embrace the water and mud.
SHOP THE POST
- Jean Shorts
- White Top – similar, similar
- Olivaceous Dress – Candy Apple
- Hat – Candy Apple
- Shoes – or All About Me
Special shout out to my sister, Kristen for being my photographer! Thanks!